DDO Epic and heroic true reincarnation

General topics of all chapterrs can be found here.

DDO Epic and heroic true reincarnation

Postby TravellingHat » 11 May 2014 12:55

Chaps, a techinical question, or rather a small clutch of them:

1) If you heroic TR while on epic levels, do you simply go back to 1st level with the relevant past life for your heroic levels, with all epic progress frozen until you get back to 20th?

2) If you epic reincarnate (having capped), I take it you go back to 20th level with an epic past life feat, but what determines that feat? If it's the destiny you have advanced furthest in, what if you have advanced equally in more than one destiny?

3) What happens to epic past life feats if you subsequently heroic TR? Do you retain your epic past life feats through heroic levels (being past life feats), are they suspended until you regain 20th level (being epic abilities), or what?

My reasons for asking are that I'm thinking of TRing Galfar for some more heroic past life feats, and would like to get the most out of the epic progress I have made so far. I'm not currently capped, but nearing it.
Galfar Elmoon d'Jhaelian: lore-keeper, archer and singer; former deathguard of the Undying Court
Svengrim the Loud: axe-wielding, war-song hollering dwarven hooligan
Jackward Harper (relegated to mule)
TravellingHat
Legend
Legend

Re: Epic and heroic true reincarnation

Postby Dorsetshire » 13 May 2014 00:12

Look , not just one question but a whole clutch ...

1). Yes. If you heroic TR while on epic levels, you simply go back to 1st level with the relevant past life for your heroic levels. Your Epic Destiny progress is frozen until you get back to 20th, when hey presto - you suddenly get all your neat tricks back

.... except ...

<looks around furtively> Have they fixed the bug with the thing that did the thing when you were levelling? You know, the ED thing with the other thing that wasn't supposed to be a thing? Yeah, THAT thing? :?

2). When you epic reincarnate (having capped), you go back to 20th level with an epic past life feat, which is one of three you can choose from the sphere you maxed to be able to Epic Reincarnate (i.e that you got the 6,000,000 karma in). If you have capped out more than one sphere (i.e. you got 6,000,000 in one sphere then carried on to get 6,000,000 in another sphere as well) ... then you get to choose the sphere first, before the Epic Past Life Feat. Choices, choices .... :?:

Of the 3 possible Epic Past Life Feats from each sphere there tends to be only one good one. (Colours for Primal, Double strike for Martial etc)

3). Yes, if you subsequently heroic TR you retain your epic past life feats through the heroic levels. Colours can be great fun (depending on how much you like surprises, ... and frogs) :lol:

Sounds like exciting times are looming for Galfar - wish him luck for us!

Brun
Brunhildha (Stroppy Soul,TR L25); Niwareka (Tempest Trapmonkey,TR L25); Hiacynthe (Happy Monk, L14); Juss (Hitty Healer,TR L4); Sharkee (Dirty old Shenanigan, L12); Kawariki (Confused drow wizzy, L8)
Dorsetshire
Legend
Legend

Active Chapter(s): DDO
Main Charachter: Niwareka (Tempest Ranger, TR L18)

Postby TravellingHat » 13 May 2014 14:48

Splendid!

I appear to have maxed Fatesinger (5th tier, all ranks lit, sitting on 1xp below max, but won't increase), and am about halfway through 26th level.

One thing I've found a little annoying: having maxed fatesinger and got the really cool abilities (turn the tide over manyshot is joyous slaughter!), I then have to swap that destiny out so I can still gain destiny ranks for twists (still gain epic xp but not karma while fatesinger is active destiny). So, what was the point of developing fatesinger? Is a maxed destiny intended to be "swapped in" when tackling a real challenge, then "swapped out" to some other destiny for levelling?

Fortunately I've developed Shiradi (which I've now switched back to) far enough for Otto's whistler and pin, which are also fun to play with, although I do rather miss having 37 songs between each rest!
Galfar Elmoon d'Jhaelian: lore-keeper, archer and singer; former deathguard of the Undying Court
TravellingHat
Legend
Legend

Postby TravellingHat » 15 May 2014 10:18

Argh! Just realised it's a whole sphere that needs to be capped, not a destiny. Oh, that's a long, long way off.
TravellingHat
Legend
Legend

Postby Dorsetshire » 16 May 2014 23:54

Ohhhhhh yes. All three Destinies. 6,000,000 karma. Max points in each, not just enough to get your fav top tier ultimate thingy.

<Wanders off shaking her head> I thought he was being a bit blasé about getting two spheres done ... :roll:

Brun
Brunhildha (Stroppy Soul,TR L25); Niwareka (Tempest Trapmonkey,TR L25); Hiacynthe (Happy Monk, L14); Juss (Hitty Healer,TR L4); Sharkee (Dirty old Shenanigan, L12); Kawariki (Confused drow wizzy, L8)
Dorsetshire
Legend
Legend

Active Chapter(s): DDO
Main Charachter: Niwareka (Tempest Ranger, TR L18)

Return to General Discussion