DDO a very bizarre disconnection bug

General topics of all chapterrs can be found here.

DDO a very bizarre disconnection bug

Postby Thunderfoot » 22 Nov 2014 14:35

Hi all,

Recently I've been unable to play more than 1 quest a night. After about 5 to 10 mins in an instance (be that town or quest) i will then get kicked from the game if i try to change instance (eg recalling out of a quest).

as long as i stay in one instance i can be there for as long as i like. so if i race to a quest i get as much time inside as i like. however it has left me completely unable to group as i cannot wait outside a quest for the party to form as by the time we are ready i wont be able to enter the quest.

turns out it's the router i have with my fibre connection. i've got a router and a BT modem, 2 different boxes. if i connect directly to the modem i can play just fine. i've only seen this happen in DDO, no firewall settings or the like make any difference.

so, if anyone has a Technicolor TG582n FTTC router and are having odd problems with DDO, then try connecting directly to the BT openreach modem.

plusnet have some instructions here:
http://community.plus.net/library/broad ... indows-xp/

i imagine other BT based fibre connections can do something similar if they have a modem and router as 2 different boxes.

anyway, hope that helps and i should see some more of you guys come payday and a new router!
Thundafoot (halfling rogue), Onefoot (dwarf palemaster), Gulch (half-orc monk), Venric (human paladin), Graunch (dwarf melee multi-class), Grrfump (dwarf barbarian), Sqrat (halfling sorc)
Thunderfoot
Master Artificer
Master Artificer

Active Chapter(s): Dungeons and Dragons Online
Main Charachter: Thundafoot

Re: a very bizarre disconnection bug

Postby TravellingHat » 24 Nov 2014 17:13

How odd. Still, glad you got to the bottom of it. Hopefully see you back in Stormreach soon.
Galfar Elmoon d'Jhaelian: lore-keeper, archer and singer; former deathguard of the Undying Court
Svengrim the Loud: axe-wielding, war-song hollering dwarven hooligan
Jackward Harper (relegated to mule)
TravellingHat
Legend
Legend

Return to General Discussion